Trainer Code of Ethics and Standards
I promise to:
1. Serve my clients with integrity, competence, objectivity, and impartiality, always putting the client's needs, interests, and requests ahead of my own. I always strive for client satisfaction.
2. Never get intimately involved with my clients on any level. I will always maintain a professional demeanor, always documenting training sessions, evaluations and training programs.
3. Respect client confidentiality. All client information and records of client cases may not be released without written, release from the client. 4. Recognize the value of continuing education by upgrading and improving my knowledge and skills on an annual or semi-annual basis. I will keep abreast of relevant changes in all aspects of exercise programming theory and techniques.
5. Not knowingly endanger my clients or put them at risk. I will only stay within my realm of exercise training and lifestyle counseling with my clients. Clients with special medical conditions must be referred to proper medical professionals.
6. Never attempt to diagnose an injury or any other medical or health-related condition.
7. Never prescribe or dispense any kind of medication whatsoever (including over-the-counter medications) to anyone.
8. Never attempt to treat any health condition or injury under any circumstance whatsoever (except as standard first aid or CPR procedure may require).
9. Never recommend exercise for anyone with a known medical problem without first obtaining clearance to do so and/or instructions from the attending qualified medical professional.
10. Ensure that CPR certification and knowledge of first aid and procedures is current.
11. Work towards the ultimate goal of helping clients become more self-sufficient over time, reducing the number of supervised training sessions.
12. Charge fees that are reasonable, legitimate and commensurate with services delivered and the responsibility accepted. All additional fees and services will be disclosed to clients in advance.
13. Adhere to the highest standards of accuracy and truth in all dealings with clients, and will not advertise my services in a deceptive manner.
14. Not attempt to recruit trainers, specialists, or clients away from Paradigm Life Fitness, LLC.
A copy of this Code of Ethics and Standards will be provided to clients for both parties to sign and reference when necessary. You can find this downloadable copy below.
|File Size:||122 kb|