I, _______________________________(client name) agree to the following terms listed below as outlined by Paradigm Life Fitness in reference to our Personal Fitness Training Sessions:
1. To be on time to all appointments. If I am running late I will contact my Personal Trainer immediately and provide an estimated time of arrival. I understand that he/she will respect my time as well and contact me if he/she is running late to our appointment.
2. To be prepared and ready to begin all sessions. "Prepared" means both mentally (leaving personal issues at the 'door') and physically. "Ready" means dressed with appropriate workout clothing and disengaged from conversations through all electronic devices.
3. To respect both my time and my Personal Trainer's time, if I am unable to attend a session I will cancel at least 12 hours in advance to avoid a $25 service charge. I understand that my Personal Trainer will contact me at least 12 hours in advance to re-schedule any appointments as needed. These terms of course are waived in case of a medical (or other serious) emergency.
4. Workout clothing includes: Appropriately loose fitting garments that are resistant to stretching, cardiovascular workouts, etc. remembering that if clothing is too loose, too tight, too short, or too long it may impede certain exercise movements. If wearing sweat shirts/pants I will make sure to dress in layers to prevent overheating, making sure to wear comfortable workout shoes (i.e., tennis, running, walking, cross-trainer).
5. I will make sure to bring bottled water or nutritional drink(s) to stay hydrated during and after my workouts; to give 100% effort at each session, even if 100% is at a 50% effort of normal workouts.
6. I can listen to music on my CD player, MP3 player, iPod, iPhone, etc. during my workouts, making sure to keep the volume at a level where I can still hear verbal prompts given by my Personal Trainer.
7. To the best of my ability I will refrain from discussing personal issues, especially those that are stress-related to avoid elevated heart rate and possible distraction during training which could cause accidents and/or injuries.
8. To inform my Personal Trainer/Paradigm Life Fitness of any strains, sprains, soreness before, during, and after workout sessions.
9. To inform my Personal Trainer/Paradigm Life Fitness of any changes in my medical history (including medications); any changes to my contact information and/or emergency contact information.
10. To provide my Personal Trainer/Paradigm Life Fitness with updated medical restrictions and/or modifications provided by my physician, physical therapist, and/or chiropractor.
11. If I intend to bring a guest to workout with me I will inform my Personal Trainer within 12 hours, make sure that all necessary paperwork is completed prior to our appointment, and that we arrive to our appointment at least 25 minutes early for initial consultation, etc.
12. To earn my referral credits I will ensure that all referrals complete the necessary documentation listing me as the referrer.
13. To pay my invoice on time to avoid additional service charges. Weekly payments are due at the beginning of the first session of each week. Monthly payments are due at the beginning of the first session of the month.
14. Service charge for NSF checks is $30 and after two occurrences I will have to pay by cash or money order only. Payment by credit card carries a $4 service charge.
15. If I desire to cancel my training sessions I promise to give a 72-hour notice and pay any fees in arrears prior to cancellation in addition to the associated fees for normally scheduled training sessions for that week (pro-rated if I normally pay monthly).